[tei-council] tei.bibl.phrase

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Oct 1 13:37:56 EDT 2005

> I think what we wanted to do was identify a new sub-class of phrase
> containing the components of <bibl> which were not already members
> of tei.biblPart, factoring them out of the definition of phrase in
> the process. <author> doesnt belong in the list at all, since it's
> a member of tei.biblPart.

That makes more sense!

> The issue now becomes whether a reference to tei.phrase.bibl would
> make sense wherever we currently have a reference to either
> tei.hqphrase or tei.data

A quick 'grep' says that tei.hqphrase and tei.data are each only
referenced once, by tei.phrase. A reference to tei.phrase.bibl would
obviously be part of tei.phrase.

Semantically, tei.bibl.phrase makes a lot of sense. I'm not sure
there would be any practical difference at all.