[tei-council] Re: tcw06.xml

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Sep 10 22:29:27 EDT 2005

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> Christian Wittern wrote:
>
>>However, the non-obvious pre-requisites (Saxon, perl, trang, jing,
>>xmllint) are not mentioned in the doc -- it would be convenient to
>>point people to the relevant locations.
>>

> James, I guess this in your ball court.
>
> Note that  saxon is not a prerequisite for most people,
> since they won't have xsltdoc

Right, but then you need xsltproc, which is in the same package as
xmllint I guess.

>>And before we announce this to TEI-L, it would be good if some brave
>>soul could try this out on a Windows machine...
>>

> I don't think its conceivable it will work. It is designed
> to work in a Unix environment, and I don't have any idea
> at all what may be needed to make the scripts work under Windows.

Fine, so the way for Windows users to follow the TEI development would
be to stick to SF releases and submit the ODD files they produce to
the Roma webservice.  That sounds fair enough, but maybe we should
mention that in the CVS howto as well.

All the best,

Christian

--