[tei-council] Draft agenda for Council teleconference on 2005-09-09 / 1300 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Sep 6 07:45:25 EDT 2005

TEI Council Members and Editors:

This is the agenda for the conference call the TEI Council will
hold Friday, September 9th, 2005 at 1300 UTC.

Please read through the following, in advance of the call.

INSTRUCTIONS for conference call:

Participants will dial in to +1-812-856-3600

The Conference Access Information is listed below:

Conf Id:        2174
Date:        9/9/2005

PIN:        000920#

Expected members to participate:

Syd Bauman, Alejandro Bia, Lou Burnard, James Cummings, Julia
Flanders, Susan Schreibman, Sebastian Rahtz, Laurent Romary, Natasha
Smith, John Walsh, Perry Willett, Christian Wittern.

Edward Vanhoutte excused himself and is busy working on his thesis while we talk.

Matthew Driscoll will be in Bulgaria, or actually on a bus somewhere
between Sofia and Ohrid, Macedonia.

In addition to the voice connection, we also expect to communicate via
IRC. Instructions to connect are as follows (quoted from James
Cumming's message):

Basically, in almost any IRC client, set the server to be irc.freenode.net
and the channel to be #tei-c and you should be fine.  In some clients
this is done through setting up an account in various graphical
manners, in others you might use /connect serverName or /server
serverName and then /join #tei-c     [for #tei-council see below]
Alternatively, if you have the Chatzilla extension installed, in the
address bar of firefox you can use this url:
irc://irc.freenode.net/tei-c to connect.  My preferred client is gaim
because it is multi-protocol (does yahoo, aim/aol, msn, jabber, gmail,
chat protocols amongst others).
Ok, on the day of the council call I'll set up a password (or 'key')
protected channel called #tei-council the joining instructions are the
same and I'd still suggest joining the #tei-c one.  Once there type:
/join #tei-council 2expensive
and in most IRC clients that will get you there.

(instructions also at:

http://www.tei-c.org.uk/wiki/index.php/IRC

However, the information on specific clients is limited, so do feel
free to add more detail! )
<!-- well, I hope this will work -->

Agenda:

7 items, ca 5-20 minutes apiece.

1) Review of the minutes and action items (10 min)

   Minutes of the meeting are at
	 http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm18.html.

	 To speed up the review of action items, *please report to the
	 council list* before the call as far as possible!

	 We will discuss the reports during the call as necessary.

2) Review of WG etc. progress (10 min) :

3) Report about TEI Council/ W3C I18N collaboration (5 Minutes)

4) Report about TEI I18N activity  (5 Minutes)

	Sebastian Rahtz,

  please see also
	http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/i18n/demo.html

5) P5 progress:  (20 min)

- on Attributes and Datatypes (EDW90)
	http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Drafts/edw90.xml?style=printable
	and various comments on tei-council
- on classes (?)
  http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Drafts/edw84.xml

6) Other business  (5 minutes)

   TBA

7) Meetings: (5 minutes)

   Next call, members meeting preparations.

--

 Christian Wittern