[tei-council] meeting technologies

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jul 27 22:40:29 EDT 2005

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Syd Bauman wrote:
>
>>I was in favor of having in IRC channel open on the side during
>>conference calls, not for daily discussions.
>>

> but this was to experiment with now, to decide if its
> a good idea for a real meeting.

To make this experimenting more efficient, I would like to suggest to
make an appointment (is this what you call it?) on such a channel and
then go.  As I mentioned before, I have never used IRC before, the
closest I came to Instqnt Messaging is a bit of chatting with my son
using Skype.  So to kick this off, I would need an instruction of how
to do this on a Mac OS X system.  (e.g what software to use, where to
connect etc.)

All the best,

Christian

--