[tei-council] meeting technologies

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu Jul 14 16:32:55 EDT 2005

SR> Do you all find the telephony a plausible method of
SR> communication? Would you be interested in an alternate trial of
SR> IM?

I would be happy to try telephony. I would be very happy to have some
sort of IM system available to us during the conference call, so that
we can type examples and exact syntax at each other. But I don't
think I like the idea of IM replacing the call, for a variety of
reasons, not the least of which is that I have severe bilateral
wrist tendonitis.

SR> Another more radical alternative would be video conferencing. How
SR> many of you would be willing to risk that?

Not really interested, at least not yet. It doesn't seem like the
advantages of seeing your smiling face outweigh the pain-in-the-neck
factor here.