[tei-council] Organization of the CO chapter

Natasha Smith nsmith at email.unc.edu
Wed Jul 13 13:47:06 EDT 2005

Dear colleagues:

Per your request, John and I are in the process of reviewing the CO
chapter (Elements Available in all TEI Documents.) As we mentioned in our
short report submitted before the last conference call, quite a challenge
is to decide whether the chapter needs a dramatic reorganization. We would
like to solicit your ideas and would like to sense a level of
dissatisfaction (if any) about the current structure of the CO.
Thinking more about this, both John and I came up with three possible
solutions (and/or combinations of them):

1.	leave the current organization (with some inevitable tweaking to
bring it up to the conformance with P5). As you know, there are currently
11 sections in the chapter, which is a lot, but not too overwhelming. Plus
sections have a really good prose that would be too bad to loose.
2.	organize all the elements by model classes
3.	provide an alphabetical list of all elements (I would like to have
it as an option, but not as the only one, but in addition to the #1 or #2)

What do you think? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best, ns