[tei-council] meeting technologies

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Jul 10 18:07:07 EDT 2005

We had an agenda item last week, missed out because Alex was absent,
about alternative
technologies for virtual council meetings.

I wonder if we can pursue this a little? I spent some time at
a conference last week at which we were encouraged
to experiment with various tools, including instant messaging
and Skype internet telephony. I was surprised to find that
the instant messaging conversations were quite reasonable
(we used IRC, but it could be anything).

Do  you all find the telephony a plausible method of communication?
Would you be interested in an alternate trial of IM?

Another more radical alternative would be video conferencing.
How many of you would be willing to risk that?

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk