[tei-council] notes from today's conference call

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Jul 9 18:34:05 EDT 2005

on datatypes:

"Concern was expressed over the general concept of permitting TEI
datatypes to further constrain or relax underlying W3C datatypes.
However, the opposite point of view, that it is important not to be
straight-jacketed by a single set of datatypes primarily intended for
business applications, was also expressed."

I am not sure this reflects the discussion. Perhaps

"Concern was expressed over the use of regexp-based extensions to W3C
datatypes, particularly in the duration datatype. There was disagreement
about the general principle of whether or not the TEI should force
itself to stick to strict W3C datatypes, but it was clear that the issue
required more discussion".

but perhaps my rewording is as biased towards my viewpoint as Syd's
wording is biased towards his :-}

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk