[tei-council] attribute/datatype data updated

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Jul 5 22:17:26 EDT 2005

The database of TEI attributes and their suggsted datatypes has been
updated. I fixed dozens of errors, but I have this knawing feeling
that I introduced a couple of new ones. :-)

In any case, follow the link to the PHP interface from ED W 90, which
has also been updated a teeny bit (on the UVA server, which seems to
be down again), and is at
  http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw90.xml?style=printable
  http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Drafts/edw90.xml?style=printable

I think it is probably a bit much to ask every Council member to look
at all 541 entries before Fri morning. But every Council member
should certainly read ED W 90 (and feel free to ask questions on or
off list if there are parts you don't understand -- or to suggest
corrections to any explanations that are hard to understand, etc.)
and at least scan the database of attributes. Search for the
attributes you care about. Scan for "?"; sort the list by suggested
declaration and look for weird ones; look through those that are
declared as tei.data.code to see if there are any you think should be
tei.data.key or tei.data.enumerated; etc.

Perhaps later we should set up an actual review process.