[tei-council] ITS at W3C (was:Re: roma, documentation, i18n)

Natasha Smith nsmith at email.unc.edu
Mon Jul 4 22:23:59 EDT 2005

I fully support this move and hope we will be successful in forming a good
working relationship with W3C. And thank you to Sebastian for agreeing to
put effort - and time! - into it.

on the related topic and following-up the conversation of 5/23-5/24 about
the priority of languages. I agree with Christian that we might be more
interested in investing in regions/languages that are not yet covered to the
extent they should be - as they have real potential (ex., Japan, China,
Korea.) But I understand that the practicality and reality (I can start with
as simple as finding not just *a* translator, but a reliable one) might
change the priority list and its order.

Finally, I wanted to check what we already have on the site and remembering
that tei has been translated at some point to Russian, I did search and
discovered the following broken links on http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Lite/

http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Lite/teiu5_fr.tei

http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Lite/teiu5_zh.xsw

http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Lite/teiu5_kr.tei

http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Lite/teiu5_ru.rtf

also, in http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Software/ there is a link to TEI Tools by
Boris Tobotras that is password-protected:

http://xtalk.price.ru/SGML/TEItools/index-en.html

best, n