[tei-council] directory layout of a TEI distribution

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Jul 3 12:53:30 EDT 2005

Syd Bauman wrote:

>Any reason not to either
>a) put skeletons in there, or
>b) call the directory "exemplars/" or "examples/"?

I don't have strong feelings about the name. And I am ambivalent
over whether it comes under "doc" or "xm". I sort of incline to the latter
now...

>>the material for eXist connection
>>

>Is this going to SyncRO Soft, too?

no.

>I was under the impression that we were agreed that customizations
>would not go in the general xml/schema/[language]/[release]/
>directory.

where do they go, then?

> I'm very confident we agreed they would not be in the same
>Debian package.

yes, sure. but thats another issue. this tree represents
an amalgamation of lots of files

> In either case, I have concerns about the idea of
>putting only TEI Lite (or any other particular customizations, for
>that matter) in a directory that is parallel to one that has the
>entire set of TEI schema files. At the very least it seems that would
>be quite confusing to users.

I see the concern. what do you suggest?

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk