[tei-council] Re: roma, documentation, i18n

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 04:33:11 EDT 2005

Christian Wittern wrote:

>What would be the advantage of pulling this into the main P5 source?
>I see only added maintainance cost with no real benefit.  You could as
>easily pull them out and merge them into the tree on runtime.

perhaps its matter of semantics; if the main ODD processing
software expects to find the various language-specific <desc>s
in site in the main document, then it does not much matter whether
the merge is at runtime or at source. I just want to avoid a "normal"
ODD processor from having to know about the language modules.

>>dont forget attributes, and vallists, by the way
>>

>But attributes should be covered within the elementSpec, shouldnt
>they.

and the classSpecs.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk