[tei-council] TEI and ISO 639-6

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed May 25 22:13:15 EDT 2005

Dear Council members,

A friend send me an email, which contained the following sentence,
attributed to  Debbie Garside of linguaphone ICT:

"Links to the TEI have already been established and the model that is
currently being created  for ISO 639-6 will take on board the needs of
these industries."

He asked me for further clarification and I have to admit here that I
do remember faintly that this came up once (although the link to
ethnologue does seem stronger), but I do not remember that we did
establish some formal relationship -- Can somebody help me here?

(I am a bit embarrassed with this and have thought for a while that we
need a better way to keep track of these issues -- a search interface
to the minutes and WG documents would probably be a great improvement)

ALl the best,

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern