[tei-council] more on internationalization

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon May 23 19:08:46 EDT 2005

Christian Wittern wrote:

>>the file teinames.xml in the Sourceforge I18N area
>>has the infrastructure ready for this to work, with some
>>Spanish translattions by Alejandro.
>>

>To me the file under sf/P5 looks much more complete.

no, they are the same. just some formatting differences. I will
delete the one under P5

>however, I do
>not see <gloss>es there, only <desc>s. Are they (in current TEI
>editorial praxis) mutually exclusive, or what is there relationship?

a good question. no, they are not mutually exclusive,
and I think Lou and Laurent would claim to know the difference,
but I am not convinced that they are used consistently.  <gloss>
is used for attributes in the way <desc> is used for elements,
so far as I can see.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk