[tei-council] more on internationalization

Julia Flanders Julia_Flanders at Brown.edu
Mon May 23 10:09:57 EDT 2005

This sounds good to me as well.

So, for how many languages could we translate <desc> and <gloss> (and
perhaps tag names as well, or perhaps not) for $20,000? If
translating the tag names alone, imperfectly, took two weeks, would
one month per language for the initial translation, plus something
for the review, be enough?

And how much would that month reasonably cost us?

To identify the translators, would it be worth our posting a call on
TEI-L, announcing the proposal and indicating that we're seeking
translators who would be willing to contribute some time (i.e. they'd
get paid, but probably not fully for what their time is worth)? and
also reviewers? Or would we prefer to identify translators ourselves?

Best, Julia