[tei-council] P5, roma and bibl[Item|Struct] (Solved!!)

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu May 12 18:29:17 EDT 2005

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> it is excellent to know that you are finding all this out, as
> you'll now be able to write lots of documentation....

As you see, for the moment I am spending my time kicking the tires,
which seems to through a lot of dust.

> The revised Roma that you are now running does do a lot more than
> before to work around your attempts to shoot yourself.  If you
> opt to delete <foo>, and there is a content model of
>
>  <zeroOrMore><ref name="foo"/></zeroOrMore>
>
> we used to make <foo> a <notAllowed/> to make this work, but
> that meant the DTD ended up with ()*.

Wouldn't it be easier to post-fix that in the DTD, if that gives you
overall a cleaner production line?

> So now I detect <foo> is no
> longer available, and zap the entire <zeroOrMore> clause. The code
> which does this (template "simplifyRelax" in odd2odd.xsl) is not
> foolproof, and may need  tweaking, but it covers the simpler cases.

I have not yet been brave enough to delve into odd2odd in any
detail:-)

All the best,

Christian

--