[tei-council] P5, roma and bibl[Item|Struct]

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon May 9 14:16:18 EDT 2005

I am planning to take James' HOWTO and, pretending I've never done
this before, build a P5 following the instructions. I plan to report
both my findings on how good the instructions are, and the status of
the buildability of P5 and status of <bibl>stuff. However, you (CW)
have beaten me to the latter, and so far as I can tell, you're
description of the problem is right.

Lou is correct, I did put <biblStruct> back into the P5 source.

> What I do not understand is why there is still a biblitem even in
> the latest version?

I wasn't aware there is any reason to take it out. Lou's (and, since
he has now prevailed upon me, my) thinking is that Council will need
to look at both of these elements and decide which one(s) stay in P5.
Obviously since our Paris meeting Council will be waiting to hear
from me about my success or failuer of the P5 bibliography first.
(About which I hope to have something intelligent to say at our 08
Jul conference call.)