[tei-council] Agenda items, documents for Paris meeting

Julia Flanders Julia_Flanders at Brown.edu
Fri Apr 22 14:52:39 EDT 2005

I was asked to circulate a summary of the PB workgroup's results to
date. Terry's report which he put together for the November
conference call is actually quite complete and contains examples
which are now visible (for a while they were malfunctioning); see:

http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/PB/pbr01.html

In Safari, you'll need to view source to see the examples. Firefox
shows them properly.

The other action item to me concerned the TEI wiki. I'm happy to
report that Sebastian, Lou, and James Cummings (and perhaps unseen
others at Oxford) have set up wiki software which is now accessible
both from http://www.tei-c.org/wiki and http://www.tei-c.org.uk/wiki.
There's a link to the wiki from the main TEI site (on the navigation
bar). James, Matt Zimmerman, and Daniel O'Donnell have done some very
good work setting up an area devoted to stylesheets, with some good
models for people to emulate, and I've put the call for stylesheets
up. I'm waiting another couple of days while they work out a few more
details before announcing both the wiki and the call for stylesheets
on TEI-L, but I think it's just about as good as complete. The wiki
also contains spaces for the SIGs and a few other areas, and of
course anyone can create new spaces as needed. The wiki group agreed
to keep things fairly open for the time being (anyone can register an
account and make changes) but to keep an eye on things and see how it
goes.

Best, Julia