[tei-council] P5 Chapter review

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Apr 6 23:06:53 EDT 2005

Dear Council members,

As promised, here the results of the "Adopt a Chapter" action.  I have
received four responses, one of them (SB) said he could not review
chapters.  The other three wished to adopt the following:

Edward:

PH, TC, PR

James:

In order of preference:

SG - Gentle Intro
PH - Transcription Primary Sources
ND - Names & Dates
DR - Drama
HD - Header

Natasha:

      1. HD The TEI Header (already working on w/John Walsh)

2. SH  The independent header (already working on w/John Walsh)

     3. CO Elements Available in All TEI Documents

4. PR Base Tag Set form Prose

With this, I would like to suggest the following:

Edvard, please look at PH, TC, PR

Natasha and John please look at HD, SH (& CR if possible) and CO

James, please adopt SG, ND and DR -- James said, he would prefer to
collaborate, so if anybody would like to work with him, please talk to
him directly

Christian will look at  DS, DI and AI.  Since I worked on CH and WD, I
would prefer if sb else could review them, but I'd be happy to
collaborate on that.

Other chapters in need of review, in my order of preference:

VE Verse Base
TS Speech Transcription
CE Certainty
GD Graphs etc
CC Corpora

So those who are yet undecided, please select from them in preference.

For these new chapters or substantially changed chapters: CH, WD, FS,
FD, SA I think we might be better off in adopting a process for
external review, if the test-run with MS looks promising.

While detailed reviews might not be ready for the Paris meeting, I
would like to alot time for a preliminary report, so please start
working as soon as possible!

All the best,

Christian