[tei-council] P5 Progress report

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Mar 5 13:46:21 EST 2005

At our last conference call, council members were requested to read and
comment on the schedule of work outlined in edw81, which gives brief
characterizations of the state of each chapter of P5.

Since that date, some progress has been made on defining one particular
global task: the "war on attributes". There is a new draft document for
Council members to read on this topic at
www.tei-c.org.uk/Drafts/edw86.xml which contains some general remarks
about how attribute values and datatypes might be standardized in P5
(these are just suggestions at the moment). It also contains a list of
all the current "CDATA"-valued attributes together with a suggestion for
how they  should be treated in P5. Council is particularly requested to
review this list and comment.

Over the last month the bulk of my TEI time has been divided amongst the
following activities:
1. revising teaching materials to use TEI P5 and developing some new
material about ODDs (see www.tei-c.org.uk/Talks/OUCS/2005-02)
2. working on edw86
3. defining a proposed replacement for the current <index> element (I
hope to circulate a brief discussion of that in the next day or so)
4. working with the ms description taskforce on some last minute
revisions to chapter MS (now available in CVS)

I know that Syd has been busy  with the self-appointed workgroup
revising biblStruct, but I have not yet been able to review that work.

Lou