[tei-council] new look TEI web site

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 15:27:16 EST 2005

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> I'd like to invite you all to visit http://www.tei-c.org.uk/ and have a
> crawl around.

Sebastian,

- The png logo seems to have disappeared? I know it is attached as a
background image in the CSS...but you get an error from Cocoon saying
it can't find it in eXist. http://www.tei-c.org.uk/logos/TEI-glow.png

- As mentioned in my last big long list of suggested changes (Sent
privately), the members area is still unpassword protected. (Not that
this bothers me...)

- One thing that bothers me, but I'd be interested in what others think:
The very front page gives you a three column layout with CSS floated
columns. All very good.  But then when you click on a link and actually
'enter' the site proper, you get the top-down menu navigation of the
menu.  I think what I find jarring is the switch from one style to the
other. (I much prefer the top-menu navigation, as it happens, even
though I've used the former 3-column layout many times myself.)  Might
it be more consistent to have only the the top-menu navigation?

-James