[tei-council] url vs xlink:href

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Feb 14 10:37:09 EST 2005

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> surely @url and @target are the same thing? as it stands in P5, we only
> have @target

Ah ok, it probably hasn't been updated in the draft I have (from your
debian packages), hence my confusion.

> its probably <graphic> which is out of sync, and should be xlink:xref

Ah, ok.

> that whole business of SVG inside <graphic>/<figure> seems to me merely
> illustrative and not TEI normative in any sense

That is what I thought, but wanted to be sure.

> maybe.  it would conform with the depressing state of using xml:id,
> xml:lang and xml:base, and make
> my life even more difficult by making practically every TEI document use
> _3_ namespaces

True.  XLink doesn't seemed to have ever had the popular support in
implementation as the other recommendations.  Is this a reason to avoid it?

-James