[tei-council] on META and P5EC

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Jan 30 17:37:26 EST 2005

Maybe it would be useful for Council to address the question of whether
or not a distinct P5 Editorial Committee should be set up separately
from the question of whether or not the Meta workgroup needs to continue
to exist.

In my opinion, at least, Syd is right to say that there are interesting
areas not directly related to the production of P5 which we might to
address in the future by means of something like a Meta workgroup
(though I think its membership needs some more attention). But the
current highest priority is to work on P5, for which I continue to think
a small focussed group like that proposed might be a useful agency. Of
course, if the Council members wish to take on that job, and have the
time and energy to discharge it properly, that would be excellent.

Lou