[tei-council] Agenda for TEI council conference call on Jan 31, 2005 at 1300 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 28 08:46:33 EST 2005

TEI Council Members and Editors:

This is the agenda for the conference call the TEI Council will
hold this coming Monday, Jan. 31, 2005 at 1300 UTC.

Please read through the following, including the referenced documents,
in advance of the call.

INSTRUCTIONS for conference call:

Participants will dial in to +1 812 856 3550.

When prompted, enter the code "0920" followed by "#".

It's scheduled for 8am-10am Eastern Standard Time.

Expected members to participate:

Syd Bauman, Alejandro Bia, Lou Burnard, James Cummings, Matthew
Driscoll, Julia Flanders, Sebastian Rahtz, Laurent Romary, Natasha
Smith, Susan Schreibman, Edward Vanhoutte, John Walsh, Perry Willett,
Christian Wittern.

Agenda:

6 items

1) Review of the minutes from the call of Nov. 30th (10 min)

   Minutes of the meeting are at
   http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm14.html. Review of action items,
   progress.

2) Independent Headers  John Walsh writes:

Natasha Smith and I have been working, with feedback from Syd and Lou,
on revising Ch. 24 of the Guidelines on "The Independent Header."  The
general idea is to remove the concept of the Independent Header,
because nobody actually uses Independent Headers, but retain and
expand  on information about mapping from the header to other metadata
standards.  We can provide a brief update of this work as an agenda
item.

3) Review of WG reports (10 min) :

  Standoff Markup, (Manuscripts), Feature Structures, Physical
  Bibliography, biblItem

Matthew Driscoll writes:

I am afraid that there is an meeting here on Monday
afternoon which I must attend. This will mean that I will
not be able to participate in the conference call.

As I explained in my report prior to the members' meeting,
the work of the task force on manuscript description is
essentially finished, which means that I have nothing to
report anyway. There is still some discussion going on on
Sourceforge, but nothing of any great importance.

4) P5 progress Lou Burnard writes:  (20 min)

Two draft documents for consideration by Council are now available: I
apologise for the delay, and also to  Syd who hasn't yet had a chance
to see them and may wish to provide further input.

EDW81 (http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw81.html) is simply an updated
version showing where I think we now are with each chapter of P5

TCW05 (http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcw05.html) is a report from me
and Sebastian summarizing work done here (with contributions from Syd)
in moving P5 forward since the Members' meeting.

----------
In preparation, council members are also encouraged to look at the
recent P5 snapshot release available from tei.sf.net

5) Other business  (5 minutes)

   TBA

6) Meetings: (5 minutes)

   Council meeting date / location:
   End of April (eg. 04/28-04/29 for a 2 day meeting?)
   Copenhagen?  Oxford?

   Please have your diaries ready, I would like to reach a decision
   this time

All the best,  Christian Wittern

--

 Christian Wittern