[tei-council] council annual meeting

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 18 01:15:32 EST 2005

Sorry, Sebastian's message seems to have fallen in some bit-bucket,
maybe due to some problems I had with my machine here:-(

"Natasha Smith" <nsmith at email.unc.edu> writes:

> I would like to second Sebastian's question - any decision reached? I need
> to make a few commitments for march-may and would like to avoid scheduling
> conflicts...

OK, so let's try it again.  We had so far reached consensus that end
of March or end of April would be a sensible target for a meeting,
with a location in Europe, where possible locations are Copenhagen,
France (Paris or Nancy) and Oxford.  Matthew, James and Laurent --
could you please provide us with an estimate of how much we'd have to
budget for housing in the respective locations (assuming that travel
will make not much of a difference for these locations and would be
difficult to estimate anyway).

The timing of the meeting depends also on what we need to get done
before we meet and on what schedule this could be achieved, especially
whether we will have a META meeting to discuss the tei-class system.
Sebastian, Lou - any news on this?  If no such meeting is planned, I'd
suggest that we meet end of March before Sebastian leaves.

There is a document called "Current State of P5" at
http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw18.html, which has some milestones
towards the end, but it needs to be updated.  Syd, Lou, could you
please look into this and update the document as needed (or is there
maybe a better way to do the scheduling at SF?) It would be good if we
could find out what needs to be done for P5 and by which steps we will
get there.

We will hold our next telephone conference on Jan 31, at 1300
UTC.  Please send me any agenda items that needs to be included.
Also, please look at the meeting notes at
http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm14.html which contain action items on
JF and SR concerning style-sheets [I see that SR just uploaded
stylesheets, but none of the SF mirrors seem to have them right now]
and on PW concerning biblItem.  There is also an action on all to look
at the SF tracker and post comments.  [I just tried to do so, but SF
is in read-only mode -- looks like I am not the only one with hardware
problems at the moment]

All the best,

Christian

--