[tei-council] proposal: call for stylesheets

Julia Flanders Julia_Flanders at Brown.edu
Mon Nov 29 14:25:51 EST 2004

The motivation was a desire to offer a wider range of stylesheets
that work with TEI than are currently available at the TEI web site,
and to do so with as little cost to the TEI as possible. We assumed
that there are by now a number of examples out there; projects have
presumably developed stylesheets for their own use, which could be
rendered sharable without too much effort.

There's also the possibility that making this a sort of community
project would motivate people to make and share improvements on the
most promising samples. ("perfect, if only it did XYZ...")

So I wasn't imagining that people would whip up a stylesheet just for
the competition, but that they would take something they already have
and document and/or polish it for sharing purposes.