[tei-council] [Fwd: xml:lang attribute and P5 RNG schemas]

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Nov 28 16:48:42 EST 2004

The appended note to TEI-L reminds me that the current draft for P5 is a
bit noncommittal on the subject of xml:lang

I think we ought to try to decide
(a) whether  P5 should say that xml:lang *replaces* lang or may be used
as an alternative
(b) whether the declared value of xml:lang should be IDREF or CDATA

At present the draft for CH recommends a particular way of constructing
values for xml:lang which is derived from relevant standards: it has the
status of a WG recommendation but has not yet been formally approved by
the Council.

For the record my vote is
(a) lang should be replaced by xml:lang
(b) it is CDATA