[tei-council] xml-colon-thing

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Nov 21 16:31:15 EST 2004

By the way, the current SOW=09 says, in aside sort of way:

"In the current draft of P5, all addresses refer by means of XML IDs,
making the processing of a single chapter at a time difficult. To make
chapter-by chapter processing of the Guidelines easy, current IDREFs to
a chapter of the Guidelines like the chapter on linking, referred to as
SA, would be modified if they appeared in another file of the
guidelines, so that:

would be replaced by a reference such as

This rather horrifies me, as it implies that the separate chapters are
always
separate documents, which will be presented separately. Either the
Guidelines
are a single document, or they are not. Whether you can process a chapter
by itself for proofing purposes is a matter of internal hackery....

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk