[tei-council] Notes from today;s conference call

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Sep 26 13:29:09 EDT 2004

Syd Bauman wrote:

>>b) if Council does wish the META group to allow for this ability
>>   in ODD, it's time to make concrete suggestions for a notation.
>>

>So soon?

yes. if it matters, it matters.

> While I very much hope that the future of TEI includes the
>capability to constrain documents in manners more advanced than DTDs
>would allow, perhaps even using the full power of RelaxNG, I think
>META has very much earned a respite from continual work on the ODD
>language, and that we (Council) shouldn't start pestering you (META)
>with suggested syntaxes until you've had a breather. (The term "6
>months" was bantered about during the call; I took this to be
>figurative, but surely you deserve more than 6 days?)

the "6 months" I thought was "3 months"; but in any case
what I meant by that was the the editors should have a guarentee
of no more changes under their feet for the prescribed period. that does
not at all preclude more work behind the scenes.

one very very simple solution is to add an attribute to <attDef> saying
"this one's
a dummy because its its been hand-declared in the content of the
element". But
I don't want to go down that line of discussion unless the Council
says we ought to. Which is why I wanted a quick discussion here first.

Sebastian