DRH Poster

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 08:36:49 EDT 2004

<address class="headers">
<dfn>From</dfn>: Lou Burnard <lou.burnard_at_computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
</address>

Would anyone like to collaborate on producing a poster about some
Humanities-related aspect of TEI P5 for this year's DRH (Digital
Resources and the Humanities) conference?

The local organizers are keen to get more posters, partly because this
year there will be a PRIZE of some sort for the best one, and they want
a good field to choose from.  It seems to me that in any case DRH is a
venue well-disposed towards the TEI and it would be a very good thing to
announce what progress has been made towards P5 there. A poster about
the new msdescription chapter, for example, would be of great interest,
as would a (preferably not too technical) discussion about the choice
element -- but I'm sure there are plenty of other aspects of the ongoing
TEI work that would be of interest to the DRH community.

I would offer to do it myself, (and if all else fails, then I suppose I
will) but I am already down to present a paper at the conference on a
different topic, which will be quite enough work thank you.

DRH will be held at the University of Newcastle 6-8 Sept, in the former
kingdom of Northumbria -- a great opportunity for those whose knowledge
of England has not yet expanded beyond the SouthEast. The website is
http://drh2004.ncl.ac.uk