[Julia Flanders <Julia_Flanders at Brown.edu>] Re: Documents to be reviewed before Council call on March 30

Julia Flanders Julia_Flanders at brown.edu
Wed Mar 24 12:24:57 EST 2004

I can answer some of these questions:

a) the proposal indicates only a minimal request for money (about
$250 for conference calls); if the question is "do they *really* need
money?" then I think probably the answer is no, the workgroup could
get by without it; if the council said "go ahead, but no money", I
think we'd probably agree.

b) not sure what you mean, but let me know if there are particular
standards or "standards" you have in mind, because we would certainly
want to address this.

c) this concerned us as well, and we welcome suggestions; we made a
strong attempt (asking people for recommendations, etc.) to find
Europeans who had the requisite expertise and interest, but the
people we asked agreed that this was a hard slot to fill; it's an
Anglo-centric area of interest. We also asked several people who
either did not respond or were unwilling/unable. If the council has
any suggestions we would be very glad to have them.