post-call cleanup

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 05:23:06 EST 2004

M. J. Driscoll wrote:
 > In keeping
> with our original charge, what this "something" will be is
> a set of recommendations for a single tagset capable of
> representing both loosely structured and highly structured
> descriptions which draws on MASTER and the work of the TEI-
> MMSS workgroup (with significant input from the David
> Birnbaum's Repertorium project).
> For this, as
> David Birnbaum has proposed, we feel we need to be re-
> chartered as a workgroup.

for P6, then, I assume?

I am assuming that we should spend workgroup funds in 2004
on things that will appear in P5.

It is my belief, by the way (and I am curious to know
whether others have it too) that the break between P4 and P5
will not be repeated in P6. So, until proved otherwise, I
assume that we design P6 and P7 to be compatible with P5,
simply introducing new modules. If you follow this, having a
plan to release P6 in early/mid 2006 is not unreasonable.

But as you may all have noticed, I'm an impatient sort of
person....

--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services