Agenda for conference call on Jan. 27th, 1300 UTC

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at brown.edu
Mon Jan 26 21:20:36 EST 2004

> 8) TEI branded mailing-list etc (5 minutes) ...
> 9) Other business  (5 minutes)
>    Discussion reemerged about the Licence of TEI. How do we proceed
>    with this?

Both are issues for the Board. (Not that Council shouldn't have an
opinion, of course.)

extensions in SLOC (schema language of choice)? I'm inclined to say
that with this short notice we shouldn't spend much, if any, call
time on it, and that the answer is pretty clear from the previous
discussion -- we should continue to develop the system, Guidelines,
and Pizza Chef's Daughter to perform extensions in RelaxNG, with an
eye towards adding the capability for extensions in other schema
languages later should time and resources permit. If it turns out
there are throngs of TEI users beating our e-doors down screaming for
the capability to write extensions in schema language A, we'd make it
a priority. I'm inclined to think that the vast majority of extenders
will be plenty happy in RelaxNG. (Only a few old dogs like Perry
White will mutter complaints.)