Agenda for conference call on Jan. 27th, 1300 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 26 03:21:45 EST 2004

TEI Council Members and Editors:

I have updated the agenda for the TEI Council conference call on
Tuesday, January 27th, at 1300 UTC.

Please read through the following, in advance of the call.  If you cannot
take part, or are not ready to report as listed below, please let me
know.  If you want council members to look at additional or different
materials for something listed below, just send a note to
tei-council at lists.village.virginia.edu.  If you think there should be other
items on this agenda, let me know as soon as possible.

To Connect to the Call, dial:     (812) 856-3550, Passcode 0612#
For Help, dial:      (812) 856-5759

Information is at http://www.indiana.edu/~letrs/tei/confcall.html

Expected to participate:

Syd Bauman, Alejandro Bia, David Birnbaum, Lou Burnard, Matthew
Driscoll, David Durand, Julia Flanders, Sebastian Rahtz, Laurent
Romary, Natasha Smith, Susan Schreibman, Edward Vanhoutte, Perry
Willett, Christian Wittern.

Christine Ruotolo will join us at the beginning for a few minutes.

10 items, not more than 15 minutes apiece.

1) Minutes of the last conference call, minute-taker for this one. (15 minutes)

Minutes of the last call are at http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm08.html
Review of action items, progress.

2)  Update from Chris Ruotolo on the SGML-XML Migration Working Group  (10
minutes)
Charter at http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw76.html
Materials at: http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/MI/

3) Update from Sebastian Rahtz on Metalanguage Workgroup (20 minutes)

Charge at: http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/META/

4) Update from Christian Wittern on Character Encoding Workgroup (10 minutes)

Charge at: http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/ce01.html, website at
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/CE, please look also at
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/CE/CEW06/draft.html.

5)  Update from David Durand on the Stand-Off Markup Working Group (10 minutes)
(Charter at http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw74.html, website http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/SO/)

6)  Report from Laurent Romary on progress of the Feature Structures Working Group.  (10
minutes)

(Charter at http://www.tei-c.org/FS/tcw01.html, website http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/FS/)

7) Workgroup activity for 2004  (15 minutes)

18500 today.

John Smith proposed a new workgoup (or maybe we should call it
task-force) for a very specific problem. We will need to discuss how
to handle this.  Please look at:
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/CE/sanskrit_proposal.pdf

David Birnbaum proposed to formally charge a WG for Manuscript
description.