META workgroup report, agenda items

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Jan 20 18:24:42 EST 2004

http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Activities/META/mew09.html contains
a brief updating report on META activities. It should be read with
http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Activities/META/mew06.html (report to members
meeting)
for a record since the last Council phone call.

I have only just written mew09, so no-one else has had a chance to
comment; but I think it is important that Council members have as
much chance as possible to look at this material before next week.
So apologies to other members of META for not consulting them!

Moving on to the agenda for next week
http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Activities/META/mew07.html is a summary
report drafted by Lou and myself, which contains a series
of proposals which we would like the council to endorse next week
if possible. The infrastructure revisions for P5 have now reached the
point where
the Council needs to approve work so far, before any
further work can be done. This approval would clear the
ground for a proposal to put before the Council in May which
would hopefully result in a public release of something.

Some aspects of the P5 proposals might be clarified if you try
http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Roma/ - this is an implementation of
Roma,  a replacement for the Pizza Chef. I would encourage
council members to have a go at this; report any problems
back to me, of course, with the caveat that this is not supposed
to be production ready yet.

Can I stress that the MEW  7 and 8 reports really do
need reading in advance of the council call if we
are to be able to discuss them. Obviously, ask now for explanation
and clarification of anything which is not entirely clear, don't
wait for next week!

Sebastian