Conference call, Meeting

Lou-at-home lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 04:54:18 EST 2004

Edward Vanhoutte wrote:
> Should we put the future of the SIG's on the agenda for the conference
> call? What is expected from the SIG convenors and in what time frame?
> Are they working towards the revisions in P5? Does the Council expect
> reports as was the case with the workgroups or taskforces? etc. It seems
> to me that the status of the current SIG's is somewhat unlcear.
>
> Or could we discuss this on this list?

Certainly we can discuss it here, or in the meeting, but it seems to me
that the status of SIGs was pretty thoroughly discussed in Nancy, and is
quite different from the status of workgroups. Workgroups are the
mechanism by which revisions in P5 are produced and sent to the Council
for approval. SIGs might well provide input to that process, but it's
not their primary purpose.

(Talking of which, Edward, I believe you are down as convenor of the mss
sig but I
have still to receive anything from you to add to the website!)

Lou