TEI Council Meeting

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Dec 31 04:24:55 EST 2003

Dear Chris

I returned from Mauritius yesterday morning and only finished going
through the email backlog last night. But I am now up to date, and can
thank you for your kind seasonal greetings, and wise decision!

To tell the truth, Mauritius is not completely off the map as far as
network connexion goes -- in fact the supermarket down the road from
where I was staying had an excellent internet cafe where I could have
spent many hours deleting spam (at a rate of 40 rupees -- 1.2 euro-- for
30 minutes). But somehow, it always seemed more attractive to walk the
extra 20 metres to the beach and go dunk myself in the Indian ocean instead.

Ah well, back to work. Here's wishing us all a happy and successful 2004!

Lou