Conference call, Meeting

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Dec 4 03:34:32 EST 2003

OOPS, it looks like I mixed up the dates.

ACH/ALLC is scheduled for June 11-16, while I assumed it to be end of
July (from my experience in Glasgow and Tuebingen, I guess).  Mid June
is of course quite different, and I agree now to concerns voiced by
Council members that it would be better to consider a timing that
would allow for one trip over the pond instead of two.  We are all
bean-counters in some ways, and I certainly do not want to make two
trips within the space of two weeks.  I propose therefore that we make
the council meeting adjoint to ACH/ALLC at least for the dates
(assuming that we still want to rather meet in Gent)

So, we need to rethink the whole scheduling I guess.  Alternatives are
now pre- or post conference meeting.  Because of the diverse
pre-conference activities, I wonder if it would be easier for
everybody to have the Council meeting afterwards?

> The first thursday in June is actually the 3rd -- which is a week before the
> ACH/ALLC in Goteborg. I don't know if that would be too close for those of
> us travelling to both. It would probably work out for me as I think I will
> be doing workshops beforehand and if so, would need to be in Sweden by the
> 7th.

The website says there are pre-Conference workshops on 9th and 10th --
do you expect to teach even before that?

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern