TEI Council : new Chair

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 15 02:39:27 EDT 2003

Dear Council members,

As Harold Short already announced here, I will step in as chair since
John Unsworth left us.  While I don't think I can do as well as John,
I will try to keep us going.  So, first of all, I would like to thank
the TEI Board members for their support and confidence and would like
to express the hope to work successfully with all of you.

In an attempt to review where we are and what needs to be done, I
looked for the minutes at the TEI website, but to my dismay they are
not there!  Lou, may I ask you to provide us with the minutes?

I do remember dimly that we agreed to have a conference call sometime
in September.  So far, we have done pretty well on Tuesdays at 1 pm
GMT.  To make things simple (hopefully), may I ask if the council
members are available at September 16 for a conference call of (at
most) 90 minutes?  Alternatively, we might try Sep. 9 or Sep 23, or
other days of the week.  I imagine most of the agenda will consist of
updates from the work groups, and whatever else needs to be discussed.

All the best,

Christian Wittern

--

 Christian Wittern