Web site update summary

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Mar 26 10:04:28 EST 2003

> 3. TEI P4 in XML
>
> After extensive debate at the Pisa meeting, Sebastian produced a version of
> the text of P4 in P4-conformant XML, which the Council was asked to review.
> No feedback has been received on this yet: I have put it on the website at
> http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/P4/index.html if anyone would like to take a
> look. If the Council is happy with this in its current form, I could add a
> link to it from the main Guidelines page. Personally, I continue to have
> some reservations about it.

So do I; but largely because it is not clear what people will do
with it. Therefore, I am of the opinion that we should release
it to the membership at large, immediately

 a) to get feedback
 b) to let them feel involved (they are always promised early feedback)

We definitely want it used to update the variant online references to
the TEI!