Endorsement of edw54

Merrilee_Proffitt at notes.rlg.org Merrilee_Proffitt at notes.rlg.org
Mon Feb 3 13:14:18 EST 2003

I agree with Christian, and would like to see an updated version that
addresses the proposed revisions.  So for the time being, I vote B.

I'll forward my comments on again, if I need to.  Just say the word, Lou.

Merrilee

                    Christian Wittern
                    <wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.j       To:     tei-council at lists.village.virginia.edu
                    p>                                       cc:
                    Sent by:                                 Subject:     Re: Endorsement of edw54
                    owner-tei-council at lists.village.vi
                    rginia.edu

                    02/02/2003 05:16 PM
                    Please respond to tei-council

> The minutes of the council meeting in London last year (TCM01) include an
> action on council members to review document EDW54, the one which defines
> Workgroup procedures in general, so that it can be "enacted" as TEI
policy.
> The minutes of the next council meeting (TCM02) show no discussion of
this
> action, nor does it seem to have been mentioned subsequently. As this is
> rather an important part of the way the TEI technical work is defined and
> carried out, I would like to place this once more on the agenda. Could
all
> council members PLEASE review this document and VOTE on one of the
following
> propositions:
>
> A: "EDW54 is endorsed by the TEI Council as defining approved procedures
for
> all TEI Workgroups"
> B: "EDW54 is in need of modification before it can be adopted by the
Council
> as defining approved procedures for all TEI Workgroups"
> (If you vote B, you probably also need to make some suggestion about the
> kinds of modification you think necessary)

In light of Lou's  other post "Naming of Things", I do not see where
EDW54 says that WG heads are "ex officio" Council members.  This has
not been stated before (I think) and if that is the fact, I feel it
should be mentioned in EDW54.  I vote "B" therefore.

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern