draft notes from yesterday's call

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Nov 30 17:40:23 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 19:59, John Unsworth wrote:

>  we did agree to adopt
> such materials without promising to update or support them, we agreed that
> the TEI web site might provide an intermediate home for such materials, and
> that the TEI might negotiate a longer-term archival arrangement for these

with the understanding that the status of these projects would be no
different from all the others listed, just that we would provide web
space for projects without any other home

> and we did agree to make these materials the basis for an experiment in
> certification, to see what it would mean to certify project materials,
> DTDs, etc. as TEI-compliant.

this may be going too far, in that we don't have an action on anyone
to investigate certification, do we? it would require starting with
a proposal from someone about what it would mean. I am not sure the
feeling of the meeting was keen enough on the idea to get started.