Copyright of TEI Guidelines (was Re: TEI Guidelines for palm devices)

Tomaz Erjavec Tomaz.Erjavec at ijs.si
Mon Jul 15 08:34:12 EDT 2002

Wouldn't it be a good idea to make these rules public?

I am giving a course on encoding at the ESSLLI summer school; each
course can have a reader that is distributed to students, and it
seemed I could do far worse than include A Gentle Introduction and
TEIU5 in it. But hunting all over the TEI web site I could not find
one word on whether such copying is allowed or even encouraged, or
forbidden.

So, I'd suggest a paragraph summarising what is said below to be added
to http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines2/
Or maybe a pointer to a page giving the full story?

Best,
Tomaz