TEI Guidelines for palm devices

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jul 12 22:17:37 EDT 2002

Dear Council members,

Being a great fan of palm size PDA computing devices and reading on
these (and preparing for a longish trip), I have created a version of
the Guidelines that can be read on Palm or PocketPC devices using the
free reader program "MobiPocket Reader".

The format is based on the open ebook definition, but similar to
Microsofts Reader program, it needs to be compiled to be accessible by
the reader program on the handheld device.  The compiler, which is
called "MobiPocket Publisher", is free for personal use, but the files
created with it can not be redistributed.  (All these programs can be
downloaded from www.mobipocket.com)

For that reason, I have created a webpage that links to the source set
of oeb-files and gives an explanation on how to compile them.  I would
like to announce them on TEI-L, but before I do so, I would like to
hear the opinion of the council, on two questions:

-- Does the council endorse this kind of republication of the
   Guidelines? For everybody?  For members only?

-- Would this be better placed on the TEI website? (I have no
   objections of putting it there)

Currently, the page is at
http://www.kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~wittern/p4x-oeb.html

All the best,