NEH workgroup (vote required)

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at brown.edu
Sun Mar 3 22:51:55 EST 2002

> I would say that our business is only to appoint the chair--we can then
> forward the self-nominations to that person (perhaps with a recommendation
> that a couple of the volunteers be thanked but dismissed), and we can let
> the chair sort the group into the two categories,

For reasons I can't entirely explain, I'd prefer the Council appoint
one of the two groups (experts or repository representatives) leaving
the other to the Chair; or that the Council give the chair two
separate (but possibly overlapping, I suppose) lists from which to
choose. I guess I'm leaning towards a bit more Council involvement
than the procedure John suggests.

On the other hand, given that there are only a total of 14 people for
the 16 positions, perhaps I should stop worrying.

My personal take is that, despite being an obvious expert
extraordinaire, Sebastian is too valuable in his current role
as XSLT & Relax NG dude to be spared for chairing the group.