NEH workgroup (vote required)

Tomaz Erjavec Tomaz.Erjavec at ijs.si
Sun Mar 3 22:41:25 EST 2002

Christian Wittern writes:
 > John Unsworth <jmu2m at virginia.edu> writes:
 >
 > > A.  Who should chair this group? (two people have been nominated, only one
 > > of whom has actually volunteered, so we need to hear from Sebastian as to
 > > his willingness to serve if appointed.  We can also nominate others, but I
 > > would say they should come from our list of volunteers, below).
 >
 > I vote for Sebastian, if he is willing to serve, otherwise for Chris Powell.

Same here.

 > > B.  Should we recommend to the chair that Zafrin and Rischer be thanked and
 > > dismissed?
 >
 > I would think that should be up to the chair to judge.  Tobias Rischer
 > does have some proven expertise in migrating from TuSTEP to SGML,
 > which could prove valuable in the current project.

I would also recommend that Tobias be voted in. Also, it might be wise
to wait to see if we can in fact fill all the positions before
dismissing willing volunteers. But yes, the chair should make the
decision.

Best,
Tomaz

--
Toma&zcaron; Erjavec          | Dept. of Intelligent Systems E-8
email: tomaz.erjavec at ijs.si   | Institute "Jozef Stefan"