workgroup charter

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Wed Feb 6 23:41:18 EST 2002

The examples Lou cites from the Vault are helpful: in particular, I think
we should preserve the three section headings:

      OBJECTIVES
      ADMINISTRATIVE
      DEADLINES

and I agree that more is needed under "objectives" than what I provided in
my first draft.  Ideally, we would specify these objectives at the meeting
in which a workgroup was chartered.  Not having done that, for the two
workgroups that were chartered and assigned chairs at that meeting, I would
like to ask the workgroup chairs to propose objectives to the Council, via
this list.  When they have done that, and we've collectively approved those
objectives, I'll compile a new charter for each, according to the formula
above, and ask Lou to file and post it.

I will work on some objectives for the NEH workgroup, and propose them here
as well.  And having heard no dissent on the draft call for participation
for that NEH workgroup, I'll hereby give warning that I intend to circulate
that call by the end of this week.

John