JPW

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Feb 1 11:46:03 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 11:02:26AM -0500, Syd Bauman wrote:
> - Steve DeRose
> - Allen Renear
> - David Dubin (not much of a TEIer yet, but we wish he were)
> - Micheal Sperberg-McQueen
> - Susan Hockey
> - Marilyn Deegan
> - Terry Langendoen
> - Elli Mylonas
> - Harold Short
> - Any of the Mulberry people (Wendell Piez, Tommie Usdin, Deb
>   Lapeyere)

what is the thinking behind this list? ie what are the criteria
for the chair? knowledge of TEI? of SGML to XML? experience in
doing same? experience of chairing workgroups?

my feeling is that we want someone with a stake in the subject,
who actually wants to see the work done because they have
vast corpora to convert. I fear that would rule out most of the list?