New material on DLF website -- SIP Specification Draft (fwd)

Merrilee Proffitt Merrilee_Proffitt at notes.rlg.org
Mon Jan 7 17:20:09 EST 2002

If folks want to familiarize themselves with the concepts outlined by the
OAIS, including the SIP, I suggest the following document.

http://www.rlg.org/longterm/attributes01.pdf (see Appendix A, p. 43)

I think that the TEI could be one component of a SIP, or Submission
Information Package, that would go to an Open Archival Information System,
or an OAIS (according to the OAIS Referrence Model).  But because each
community defines its own SIP, this is probably an area that the TEI as an
organization needs to have some awareness and not an area where we need to
set policy.

Best,

Merrilee