Re: On Eternal Recurrence

Hulki Forta (forta@superonline.com)
Mon, 12 Aug 2097 14:41:43 +0300

----------
> From: Fabio Escobar Castelli <hbpol014@csun2.csun.edu>
> To: nietzsche@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
> Subject: Re: On Eternal Recurrence
> Date: 09 Ašustos 1997 Cumartesi 23:49
>

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2097, Hulki Forta wrote:
>
> Big Bang theory would not necessarily preclude the rightness of ER as a
> physics doctrine. Since time is infinite in big bang theory, the
> premises necessary for an infinite recurrence is still there: One need
> not have the present universe remain static in order for events to
> repeat. It is enough to know that this universe in and of itself will
> repeat.

Big Bang Theory may not be precluding the rightness of ER, but even if
there is a cycle such as Cosmic Egg-Big Bang-Expansion-Contraction-Big
Crunch-Cosmic Egg again, the universe as we know it ceases to exist in the
formation and explosion of the cosmic egg. There and then, we cannot speak
of time or space or physics or mathematics anymore. This of course is not a
very deterministic or Newtonian ocurrance.

> The Will to Power does not depend on a free will foundation. All that is

> needed for the Will to Power to be important is the psychological
> doctrine of belief in one's ability to be free and have power over one's
> own life. Even if all events are determined, the mere fact that we
> believe ourselves to be free moral and aesthetic agents allows us to make

> use of the will to power...the way in which we use it, of course, remains

> up to us, and in that sense we are free...the bottom line: Thinking that
> we are free is the very thing that makes us free.

I cannot understand how it is possible to believe that we are free when we
know that we aren't.

--- from list nietzsche@lists.village.virginia.edu ---